I currently enjoy the challenging environment of delivering healthcare services as a Physician Assistant in Cardiothoracic Surgery at Duke University Medical Center. My journey into a healthcare career began while taking First Aid and Life Gaurding classes through the American Red Cross in preparation to work at a summer camp in the Adirondack Mountains while still in highschool.

My academic endeavors started with completing my Associates Degree in Nursing at Jamestown Community College in New York State. I then finished my undergraduate degree at University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing. I then went on to complete my studies as a Physician Assistant at the Weill Cornell Medicine Graduate School of Medical Sciences.

When not working with patients, teaching PA students, or training PA Surgical Residents, I enjoy outdoor activities such as trout fishing, kayaking or camping with my family (Claudia - my wife, Emma - my daughter, and Cody - the loyal family canine).

After sixteen years of clinical experience in various roles in the healthcare industry, I have become interested in developing a better understanding of healthcare policy, leadership within healthcare organizations, and developing successful healthcare teams.

I intend to use the skills and knowledge gained by attending the MHA program at The George Washington University to successfully lead teams of Advanced Practice Providers (APPs: Physisician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners) within a healthcare organization's Departement of Surgery, Division of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, or Department of Advanced Practice Providers depending upon the organizational strucuture of the healthcare system.