Finish line at the first Nike Women's Half Marathon in DC

"The best way to find yourself, is to loose yourself in the service of others." Mahatma Ghandi 

The quote noted above is one that really became relevant to me as a student and aspiring clinician while contributing to my community over the last few years. Through reflection with service, I have been able to address aspects of my character that I had not yet begun to refine. A few classmates and I volunteered on sundays at a local nursing facility during the fall of our second year. This participation fostered the development of a local music program to fill an hour void in the residents day. Passing out socks and hot coffee on a rainy day at a local shelter revealed some surprising facets about my personality that I needed to reflect on and institute a change. It also further developed my sensitivty to indivudals circumstances and cultural differences. The two pieces noted below highlight those experiences, and delve into my journey of personal growth through service.

1. Community Practicum Poster: active music therapy with individuals with alzheimers and dementia.
  2. Unhoused Community Outreach: thoughts and reflections when working with individuals in the unhoused community.