As the most recent graduating class entering this profession, it is imperative that we move forward as advocates, innovators, initiators, and trailblazers. In my mind, leadership and collaboration dovetail with each other effortlessly. Moreover, I sustain that success as a leader in the physical therapy world is defined by the ultimate success of the profession. I’ve learned that becoming an exceptional leader requires overwhelming self critique, peer review, and practice. The first reflection exposes my recognition of my shortcomings as a leader, and the steps I have taken to develop the skills I need to move towards confidence and conviction in a leadership role. As mentioned above, without team collaboration, a leader is rendered ineffective. The two are required to support and promote one another. The second artifact features my efforts working on a team to propose a volunteer music program for a local nursing home. This project addressed each aspect of team work, from brainstorming to implementing an agreed upon program, and truly refined my skills acting as an effective member of a team. 

Leadership Reflection: discovering my strengths and weaknesses as a leader, and areas for improvement as I continue to grow as a clinician. 

Community Practicum Poster: collaborating with a nursing facility to provide a music intervention program to fill time during a void in the facilities activity schedule.