Due to the transition of our professions level of degree, our generations graduates are entering the field with new and progressive knowledge. This knowledge is vital to the growth and prosperity of physical therapists worldwide. PT’s are natural educators due to their unique amount of one-on-one time with patients. It is imperative to carry over this skill into our professional world and act as advocates for our continued journey towards excellence. Learning from our superiors experience, and contributing our knowledge as novice academics, is key to providing competent, patient centered care. The two pieces I chose to illuminate my expertise in this area are two in-service projects I developed and presented during my full time internships. One major theme predominates throughout both of these projects: evidence based practice. With the overwhelming amount of literature that exists in this profession, it is imperative that a new therapist is able to critically appraise which evidence is worth clinical application. I demonstrated my mastery of evidence appraisal throughout my final two internships, when working with certain patient presentations I was unfamiliar with. 

DDH Case Report: developing a plan of care utilizing the best evidence for a patient presenting with a rare diagnosis 

Walking Speed 6th Vital Signeducating a hospital team about the predictive capabilities of gait speed on function