Hello and welcome to my English Portfolio! Here, you will find a collage of lists and links intended to provide you with a comprehensive view of my undergraduate work within the English Department at The George Washington University in Washington, D.C. This portfolio is comprised of both my heart and my soul, for it is an expression of myself.

My name is Logan Stalter. Whereas I am the youngest of three siblings from Syracuse, New York, I am the only one to pursue a lifetime and career in the Humanities.

Having always loved to read, write, and do so alongside others, it was a surprise to no one that I decided to double major in English and French Literature, Language, and Culture at The George Washington University. Even though I thoroughly enjoyed both math and science in school, I was always happiest doing close reading, textual analysis, and creative writing. Fortunately, I have been able to continuously engage in these passions of mine during my time at GW.

Beginning in my first semester of freshman year, I participated in The Dean's Scholars in Shakespeare Program under the tutelage of Professor Holly Dugan. As such, I had the opportunity to spend two years delving deep into the literature, art, and history of the Age of Shakespeare, culminating my studies with a capstone trip to London, England, where my knowledge was put to use. Upon my return, however, I steered my studies within the English Department away from material dating to the sixteenth and seventeenth centuries in order to better educate myself on more contemporary works of literature.

Since then, I have come to specialize in contemporary fiction--especially that of Toni Morrison. As a senior, I am taking full advantage of the opportunity to be part of the English Honors Program, through which I am writing a final honors thesis about Morrison and her depiction of the black, feminine search and struggle for identity.

However, looking into the future, an integral component of my membership within the English Honors Program is my participation in GW's Five-Year Combined BA/MA in English Program. With that being said, I will graduate with my Bachelor's Degree in English this May before continuing on for another year at GW to then obtain my Master's Degree in English. I am incredibly excited by all that is to come for me in the near future thanks to my dedication to and support by The George Washington University's English Department.