To be an effective leader in a healthcare organization that values quality and patient safety.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONSGeorge Washington University – Masters of Health Administration - Graduated June 2018
Providence Health and Services – Portland, OR – Regional Lab Quality Coordinator – June 2016-Present
St. Joseph Hospital – Eureka, CA – Lab Quality & Point-of-Care Coordinator and Transfusion Safety Officer – July 2015-June 2016
Henry Ford Hospital – Detroit, MI – Molecular Pathology Technologist – June 2011-June 2015
Truman Medical Center – Kansas City, MO – Medical Technologist– November 2009-May 2011
- Quality: trained in LEAN and High Reliability Organization (HRO) principles, trained in Patient Blood Management by Mediware, and experienced in quality improvement tools including value-stream mapping, daily management, and fishbone and pareto charts.
- Data Analysis: familiar with the following online programs: SharePoint, PolicyStat, MasterControl, and MediaLab, and experienced in analyzing laboratory data using Microsoft Office, Meditech and Epic.
- Communication: experience organizing meetings, preparing presentations, and reporting information to lab staff, nurses, educators, physicians and administrators. Also, experienced in developing training materials, internal publications, policies/procedures and online material.
- Regulation: experienced in developing and performing internal laboratory audits, maintaining compliance with ISO, CAP and Joint Commission standards and maintenance of laboratory proficiency testing programs. Also familiar with gathering and organizing reference materials for review of current literature and guidelines.
- Project Management: experience in developing and implementing laboratory management projects including nonconformance management systems, quality management plans, and cloud-based laboratory management software.
- Training Development: experience in development (using the ADDIE model) and implementation of Lean curriculum for front-line caregivers including the following concepts: 8 wastes, 5 Whys - Root Cause Analysis, and Process Map Analysis.
Providence Health and Services:
- Regional Blood Utilization Committee – Member – June 2017-March 2018
- Providence Office Park Campus Mission & Diversity Committee – Member – July 2017-January 2018
St. Joseph Hospital:
- Transfusion Safety Committee - Transfusion Safety Officer – July 2015-June 2016
Henry Ford Health System:
- Clinical Evaluation and Technical Assessment Committee – Technical Lead – November 2013-June 2015
- Medical Laboratory Formulary Committee – Technical Lead – June 2014-June 2015
- Laboratory Utilization Taskforce – Project Manager – March 2015-June 2015
- H. Hohendorf et al. (2013). Implementation of value stream mapping (VSM) to study RNA-based testing workflow and collect performance metrics in the molecular pathology laboratory [Abstract]. Journal of Molecular Diagnostics, 15(6), 900-901.
- H. Hohendorf et al. (2014). Initial Experience with a Laboratory Utilization Program [Abstract] (ASCP) 2014 National Conference Abstract and Poster Competition
- Member of the Upsilon Phi Delta Honor Society.
- Contributor to “Outstanding Clinical Achievement Award” project in 2014 Henry Ford Physician Network “Choosing Wisely” project competition.
- 2013 Association for Molecular Pathology (AMP) Technologist Poster Award.
- Assistant Coach: Special Olympics of Oregon – Washington and Multnomah Counties: Bocce and Aquatics – 2017 Seasons
- Laboratory Career Ambassador: Providence Health and Services – Community Outreach: Portland, OR: Career Days, School Visits: February 2017-Present
- Road Marshal: Detroit, MI: Tour de Ford- Bicycling Fundraiser for Tom Groth Medical Needs Fund: September 2012, 2013, 2014
- Event Organizer: Extra Life – Children’s Miracle Network Hospital 24-Hour Board Game Fundraiser: Pinckney, MI: October 2014
- After-School Program Volunteer: Kansas City Urban Youth Center – Rosedale Ridge Site: Kansas City, KS: October 2010-May 2011