Hannah Hohendorf MHA, MLS(ASCP), MB(ASCP)

Over the last 7 years I have worked as a licensed Medical Laboratory Scientist (ASCP) with a particular interest in quality and patient safety. 

My thoughts first turned to quality management while I worked in the Henry Ford Hospital Molecular Pathology Laboratory (2011-2015). I was trained in Lean and later volunteered to do a value stream mapping study on molecular laboratory processes which led to a poster presented at the 2013 Association for Molecular Pathology annual conference. This poster garnered a Molecular Technologist Poster Award, and as a result of this success, I became involved in the development of the Henry Ford Hospital Laboratory Formulary where I served as the technical lead for two committees and one taskforce. 

In June 2016, I joined the Providence Health and Services Oregon Regional Laboratory as a Regional Quality Coordinator. Over the past year, I have worked on regional laboratory quality projects including the development and implementation of a laboratory event management database, a comprehensive quality management plan, and an updated internal audit program. Currently, I am working as the project manager for implementation of the MediaLab cloud-based management system with four online modules utilized across the state by over 600 caregivers. 

It was during my time as a Transfusion Safety Officer that I started thinking seriously about broadening my knowledge of healthcare as a business. I decided to go back to school to get an Executive Master of Health Administration. I have enjoyed the program thus far and look forward to applying these new skills at work.