Organizational Research Project-1:

My literature review/Prospectus was based on Accountable Care Organizations.  I have used my knowledge and expertise of ACO value-based care from the medical practice I work for as a reference of how effective or ineffective they are and do they produce the intended results

Are Accountable Care Organizations Worth the Effort?  To what Extent?

Piga_David_Prospectus_ORP-1.docx

Organizational Research Project-2:

Part 2 of my organization research project allowed me to expand my knowledge and understanding of how to construct an ACO program and what methods can be used to become more effective even if it means expanding shared risk among all key stakeholders.  Such a challenge would mean increased collaboration from the payers, providers, and patients to going even further to the community leaders, academic experts, small business leaders, and private healthcare company suppliers, pharmaceuticals, and manufacturers.

Building Blocks for Accountable Care Organizations

Building Blocks for Accountable Care Organizations_ORP-2.docx

Building Blocks for Accountable care organizations-Project layout.pptx

Capstone:

As part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act legislation of 2010, Accountable Care Organizations were designed to incorporate a group of doctors, hospitals, other healthcare providers, and later employers and other payers to work together in providing quality care to patients through cost-effective means that would produce better health outcomes.  This would eventually lead to shared savings over a period of time and improve both population and community health in the long-run in an ever changing and complex system such as healthcare.  This research analysis provides insight about the history and roles of Accountable Care Organizations and how we can better learn from them and understand them in the hopes of applying such effective methods in future healthcare collaboration models as they continue to change, grow, and expand.  Whether these ACOs have been successful or not depends much on how they were designed, the population health and the stakeholders involved, and the results they have generated.  Such methods of facilitating quality and cost models have applied to my organization medical practice in collaboration with other providers through our Independent Physician Association within the northern and eastern areas around Dallas in which we participate in 3 commercial ACO Value-based care programs that have produced mixed results of success and setbacks.  This Capstone focuses on previous ACO experiments and methods that our organization has adopted.  This value-based care program experiment that we participate in is still ongoing.

CAPSTONE - ACOs, Inside Out.docx

FINAL CAPSTONE Presentation.pptx