I am a clinician working as a Physician assistant for a primary care practice and previously was an outpatient neurosurgery clinic manager.  I am going through this mind-opening course of the Master's of Health Administration in the hopes of one day applying both my clinical and business experience to a more broad healthcare organization setting.  Some opportunities that I hope gain through this experience would be to work as a hospital administrator, operations manager, serve on the Board of Trustees for a major health organization, or perhaps serve as a business manager for a major medical group in my home state of Texas just to name a few.

Some of my current goals in life include liberty and the pursuit of my happiness.  Working in healthcare in many ways makes me happy because everyone tells me I'm good at what I do.

My other goals include using my vast training and skills in healthcare as a clinician and as a small practice manager and apply them for the better.  I have wholehearted confidence in myself and my fellow GWU peers who are well educated and clearly knowledgeable to take on the challenging task.  Together we see the challenges and even see some of the solutions.  Whichever future healthcare organization I get the privelege of working in, I would like to be in a position to influence healthcare policy for the benefit all stakeholders; from my fellow doctors, nurses, administrators, managers, maintenance and IT personal, and even clertical staff who all make what we do possible, delivering and facilitating medical care to the best of our abilities.

So here's to the next step.....